Our school Camino Barcelona is an active member of FEDELE association, with our teachers both regularly preparing DELE exam papers and working as DELE examiners for DELE exams in Barcelona.
What is FEDELE?
FEDELE is the Spanish Federation of Associations of Schools of Spanish as a Foreign Language. The institution is made up of 90 schools.
Since it was founded in 2004, FEDELE has supported quality and excellence in the teaching of Spanish and in all of the services offered by its schools.
FEDELE's main objective is to promote a status of quality in the Teaching of Spanish in Spain. All federated schools have obtained the quality stamp in the field of Spanish Teaching (Accreditation Certificate from Instituto Cervantes).
Through the agreement signed by the Cervantes Institute, FEDELE is the partnering institution for the realisation of DELE exams and has exam centres in various Spanish cities.
The DELE examination (Los Diplomas de Español como Lengua Extranjera – Certificate of Spanish as a Foreign Language) is the only international qualification of the Spanish Ministery
of Education which is recognised all over the world by private companies, chambers of commerce and public and private educational institutions.
- A1 Level: This certificate validates sufficient linguistic ability to communicate in simple communication situations related to areas of immediate needs or simple everyday topics.
- A2 Level: This certificate validates sufficient linguistic ability to understand and respond appropriately in basic daily situations to personal information, information about family and friends, shopping, places, work, etc.
- B1 Level: This certificate validates sufficient linguistic ability to understand and respond appropriately to the most common situations of everyday life and to express wishes and needs in a basic way.
- B2 Level: This certificate validates sufficient linguistic ability to communicate in ordinary situations of everyday life, under normal circumstances of communication that does not require a specialized knowledge of the language.
- C1 Level: This certificate validates sufficient linguistic ability to express communicate without having to limit what is meant. The candidate has a good command of a broad lexical repertoire including idiomatic and colloquial expressions.
- C2 Level: This certificate validates necessary linguistic competence to communicate in situations requiring advanced use of the language and knowledge of cultural habits that get exposed through the language.
The DELE preparation course is a specific course offered by Camino Barcelona in order to provide students with support in the different language areas as well as practical information and advice
concerning the official exams.
Doing a DELE preparation course helps the student to take the test with a greater sense of safety and certainty.
The DELE preparation courses are offered by the FEDELE schools throughout the year and, more frequently and only subject to prior booking, in May, August and November.
As well as consulting the school for timetables and prices, students can also be advised in Camino Barcelona on the appropriate Spanish level and the application procedure.